THE PARK > DOG PARK ETIQUETTE
Below are some things to think about when you and you dog are visiting a dog park. These tips can help make your dog park visit a fun experience for everyone involved.
- Dog owners should watch their dogs carefully, and stay near their dogs in case intervention is required.
- Always clean up after your dog by picking up waste immediately. This will ensure a clean and healthy park for all.
- Teach your dog good manners. Obedience training goes a long way to well behaved dogs.
- Be a responsible dog owner. All dogs in the park should have their proper immunizations and flea control.
- Support your dog park. Volunteer your time or make donations to the park.
- Be attentive to your dog. Paying close attention to your dog's behavior around the other dogs in the park is a key to good dog park usage.
- Children in the dog park can become distractions to the dogs. If you have children with you, be sure they are not running and are supervised at all times as to avoid any unfortunate accidents.
- Keep the park safe and clean. Pick up after your own dog and any other litter that you see while visiting the park. Don't let your dog dig holes.